The Lake Wales Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR or DAR) is a volunteer women's service organization. The chapter was organized on March 13, 1922, by 12 charter members, 11 years after the founding of the town of Lake Wales, Florida. We have been involved in the community ever since.
We come together to promote the objectives of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, which are historic preservation, education, and patriotism.
Among our chapter activities are:
- Documenting and preserving genealogical
and historic research for future generations.
- Performing special observances at soldiers' graves and historic sites.
- Honoring our veterans.
- Awarding students for citizenship, America history essays, and excellence in JROTC studies.
- Awarding to community members for patriotism, service, and Women in the Arts Recognition program.
- Organizing and contributing to major restorations, commemorations, and memorials.
Our members have researched their heritage, sometimes discovering remarkable stories about their ancestors. We enjoy good friendships, common interests, and continually promote the awareness of our national historic heritage.